How can I take control of my food addiction?

You should take control of your food addiction in steps; figuring out your emotional connection to food and purging your home of problem foods is key. In this video, I share strategies for curbing food addiction.
If you recognize 3 or more of these signs in your life, you may have a food addiction. Follow the action plan steps below to take back control.

1. Use the acronym FLAB: Frustrated, Lonely, Anxious, Bored. When you’re struggling, think of why you are reaching for food. If the answer lies in one of these emotions, the food will not take those feelings away. Find a positive way to deal with your emotions and break the association.
  2. Journal your emotions about food. Journaling will help you understand the association between emotion and food. Write down what you’re eating and how you’re feeling. Over time, you will see patterns emerge and can institute coping strategies.
  3. Use a food log. A food log will tell you not only what you ate and when you ate it, but how you were feeling when you ate it. This will help you identify the triggers for making bad food choices and allow you to break those patterns.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Use Your Smartphone to Boost Weight Loss
Maintaining a healthy weight is vital to our overall mental and physical health. Not only can it boost your self-confidence and help you feel more ene...
Who can benefit from prescription weight loss drugs?
People who can benefit from prescription weight loss drugs include individuals who have unhealthy we...
30 Amazing Weight Loss Secrets You Must Steal ASAP
30 Amazing Weight Loss Secrets You Must Steal ASAP30 Amazing Weight Loss Secrets You Must Steal ASAP30 Amazing Weight Loss Secrets You Must Steal ASAP30 Amazing Weight Loss Secrets You Must Steal ASAP
These are the only (editor-approved!) tricks you need to lose weight and keep it off. 
Double Your Weight Loss With a Food Journal