How can I safely lose my pregnancy weight?

Many women, anxious to get back to their pre-baby weight, go on crash diets that leave them feeling tired and irritable (the last thing you need right now!). Try to relax and don’t be in too much of a hurry to lose the remaining pregnancy weight. Remember, it took 9 months for you to put it on. In fact, eight to 12 months is not an unreasonable amount of time to safely lose the weight. In the early post-partum weeks, your body is still trying to heal and readjust to its pre-pregnancy state. Once you are a few months post partum, here are a few tips: Try to eat healthy foods in slightly smaller portions; If you were very liberal with your diet during pregnancy (lots of sweets, snack foods, etc.) try to take some of those out of your diet, and replace them with fruits and vegetables; Aim for well-balanced snacks every few hours (sometimes setting an alarm clock or writing yourself a sticky note to help you remember) to help prevent you from getting too hungry which can lead to overeating; Keep the focus on eating well (not less) and nourish yourself with healthy foods so you’ll have the energy you need to care for yourself and your baby.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

5 Reasons You Can't Lose Weight
5 Reasons You Can't Lose Weight
You haven't had a bite of pizza or a lick of ice cream in, like, forever, but you still can't lose a pound. What's up with that? Here's the real what,...
How might a liver detox help me lose weight?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
In Dr. Mark Hyman's Ultrametabolism: The Simple Plan for Automatic Weight Loss, he calls for detoxif...
30 Amazing Weight Loss Secrets You Must Steal ASAP
30 Amazing Weight Loss Secrets You Must Steal ASAP30 Amazing Weight Loss Secrets You Must Steal ASAP30 Amazing Weight Loss Secrets You Must Steal ASAP30 Amazing Weight Loss Secrets You Must Steal ASAP
These are the only (editor-approved!) tricks you need to lose weight and keep it off. 
To Lose Weight, Treat Your Appetite to a Boring Menu