How can I find a support group?

Many times, support groups are not hard to find, and they can be waiting just around the corner waiting for you to discover them. Friends and family can make great support groups as long as they support what you are doing. You can search for a local walking club or join a gym with friends. If you don’t have friends willing to join the gym, the gym itself can serve as a support group. Many of the individuals in the aerobics classes use each other for support and motivation. It is also becoming more and more common to find online support groups. These are great for sharing experiences and weight loss tips with like-minded individuals who can maybe provide sympathetic understanding.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Transformation Nation Success Story: Mary Ellen Brunaugh
Before joining Dr. Oz’s Transformation Nation: Million Dollar Challenge, Mary Ellen Brunaugh, a 65-year-old grandmother from Vancouver, Washington, ba...
How can a doctor help me lose weight?
HCA Midwest HealthHCA Midwest Health
Your doctor can help identify the reasons for your excess weight and determine if they can be revers...
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
Could these surprising things be sabotaging your weight loss?
What Can Men Do to Increase Their Chances of Having Successful Weight Loss?