What can I expect during my recovery for weight loss surgery?

Most people take a minimum of 1 week off from work. However, if you can take off at least 2, it is helpful. People with physical jobs, especially those that involve a lot of lifting, should take up to 4 weeks off. After surgery, you may need to follow a specific diet to allow the stomach to heal. This depends on the type of surgery you have. It can take 1 to 2 months to return to a regular diet.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Many people view weight loss surgery the way they view steroids in sports: They think it's cheating, it's unnatural, it's an unfair advantage, it's cu...
How long does it take for a person to get approved for weight loss surgery?
The amount of time it takes for a person to get aproved for weight loss surgery can depend mostly on...
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
We're separating fact from fable when it comes to bariatric surgery.
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?