What are the advantages of endoscopic bariatric surgery?

The main advantage of endoscopic bariatric surgery is that it's not an operation. It is done through the mouth. There is no abdominal incision, so you won't have a scar. The recovery time is fast. People usually go home the same day or the next day.

Since endoscopy surgery is minimally invasive, it's safer than open surgery. If you need to have multiple procedures for weight regain, it can be do over time as well. If you gain weight back after bariatric surgery, endoscopic revision is the most reasonable first step to consider. If you are not losing weight or you haven't reached your weight loss goals, then endoscopic bariatric surgery is still an option.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Many people view weight loss surgery the way they view steroids in sports: They think it's cheating, it's unnatural, it's an unfair advantage, it's cu...
When can I return to normal activity after weight loss surgery?
Melissa B. Bagloo, MDMelissa B. Bagloo, MD
You can resume normal activity within 4 to 6 weeks after your weight loss (bariatric) surgery. Any p...
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?