Should I go for regular follow-up visits after bariatric surgery?

Laura Motosko, MSEd, RD

Regular medical follow-ups with your healthcare providers are essential after bariatric surgery. It is important to ensure that you have medical physical exams and evaluation to check bowel functions, and that you are healing properly. The surgery will result in putting you at risk for nutrient deficiencies. Weight loss, physical activity, blood work and nutrient intake are all monitored to ensure that you will have success in maintaining your weight loss. Bariatric surgery will require follow up for a lifetime.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Many people view weight loss surgery the way they view steroids in sports: They think it's cheating, it's unnatural, it's an unfair advantage, it's cu...
How much weight will I lose through the balloon procedure for weight loss?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
Most people will lose an average of 35 pounds. There are people that get a balloon, lose the 35 poun...
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?