How can reducing stress help me lose weight?

Reducing stress may help with the battle of the bulge. Chronic stress boosts your blood levels of cortisol -- the "fight or flight" hormone. And cortisol encourages belly fat in two ways:
  • It triggers cravings for sugary, high-fat comfort foods.
  • It signals the body to store more fat in your abdomen.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

5 Tricks to Fight Food Cravings
5 Tricks to Fight Food Cravings
We know weight loss isn't as simple as "eat less and exercise more." (If it were, you wouldn't be reading this, and we wouldn't have written YOU: On a...
What are my options when diet and exercise don't work?
Natalie Irvin, MDNatalie Irvin, MD
It is important to keep in mind that a healthy diet and exercise is the foundation of any weight los...
How should I visualize my weight-loss goals?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
If you have been using visualization to help move you towards your goal of weight loss, don't fo...
How Can I Lose Weight All Over My Body?
How Can I Lose Weight All Over My Body?