How can reducing stress help me lose weight?

Reducing stress may help with the battle of the bulge. Chronic stress boosts your blood levels of cortisol -- the "fight or flight" hormone. And cortisol encourages belly fat in two ways:
  • It triggers cravings for sugary, high-fat comfort foods.
  • It signals the body to store more fat in your abdomen.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Intake Control for Clean Plate Club Members
When Leonardo DaVinci painted the Last Supper around 1492, the food on the table (including eel with orange slices) was pretty sparse and the dishes w...
How important are diet and exercise when it comes to losing weight?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
While studies confirm that diet is the prime factor in controlling body weight (and essential for fa...
How do I lose a lot of weight?
Losing a lot of weight is the best thing you can do for the body. In this video, Dr. Oz shows on...
How Can Sleep Make Me Thinner?
How Can Sleep Make Me Thinner?