How can I find a weight-loss support group?

Many people find it helpful to meet, online or in person, with people who are also trying to lose weight. Think about joining a group for weight loss, exercise, or general support. Or create your own support system by talking with friends and family about your successes and your struggles. You may be surprised at how supportive they will be.

Find a walking buddy or friends who also want to improve their health. Then work together to reach your goals.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
When Duke Ellington started playing Take the A Train during the 1940s and 50s, around 30 percent of North American adults were overweight. Now the rat...
How can eating breakfast help me minimize cravings?
Katie Rickel, PhDKatie Rickel, PhD
Dieters often reason that if they are not hungry upon waking, then it makes sense to skip breakf...
As a woman, how can I lose weight in a healthy way?
If you're a woman, it's likely that you or other women you know are wondering how to lose weight...
What Is the Most Effective Way to Lose Weight?