Do I need to watch my diet if I'm exercising to lose weight?

Natalie Castro-Romero, MS, RD
Yes, you need to watch your diet if you're exercising to lose weight. The most successful way to achieve and maintain weight loss is to make changes to your overall lifestyle, which involves both improving your eating habits and increasing physical activity levels.

Focus on these healthy eating tips to maximize your weight loss plan: 
  • Make smart food choices; eat well-balanced meals.
  • Eat at least three meals a day. Eating every three to five hours can help maintain your blood glucose levels, which can prevent you from overeating at your next meal.
  • Each meal should have at least three food groups. Make sure your meals and snacks are balanced and made up of a variety of foods from the different food groups.
  • Watch your portion sizes.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Intake Control for Clean Plate Club Members
When Leonardo DaVinci painted the Last Supper around 1492, the food on the table (including eel with orange slices) was pretty sparse and the dishes w...
Are fat-burning pills effective for weight loss?
Natalie Castro-Romero, MS, RDNatalie Castro-Romero, MS, RD
Fat burning pills are not very effective for long term weight loss. In some cases, people have lost ...
How can I lose weight in the summer?
Taking advantage of the variety of fresh fruits and vegetables available in the summer can help you ...
How Can I Lose Weight All Over My Body?
How Can I Lose Weight All Over My Body?