Why is it important to drink water before I go walking?

Drinking water prior to walking or any form of exercise will assist in keeping your body hydrated. Dehydration is not beneficial and not may lead to issues such as cramps, feelings of nausea and fatigue, and potential injury. So be sure to drink and drink often.

Continue Learning about Walking Safety

Should I wear a headlamp or carry a flashlight when walking at night?
Jill Goldstein Jill Goldstein
Absolutely you should wear a headlamp or carry a flashlight when doing any activity at night.  You s...
What kind of reflective gear should I wear when walking at night?
Melissa Hatton, NASM Elite TrainerMelissa Hatton, NASM Elite Trainer
When it is dark outside, whether it is night or early morning, you should always wear some sort of r...
Why should I drink water after walking?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
As soon as you're back at the house, take off your shoes and have eight to ten ounces of cool wa...
Should I worry about pollution when I am walking outdoors?
Jill Goldstein Jill Goldstein
If you have respiratory problems, then pollution is a concern.  Most locations local news have alert...