How do I find out if there is a local walking club?

A great way to find a local walking club will be to go to your local recreation center or YMCA. Facilities such as these may often have walking clubs. Another great idea, start your own! Grab a handful of co-workers and find times throughout the day to complete 15 or 30 minute walks.

There are a few ways that you can find walking groups or clubs, here are a few:

1. Check with co-workers, neighbors, family & friends.
  2. You can go to websites like: meetup.com to find walking groups/clubs in your area.
  3. You can also do an internet search for 'walking groups/clubs in (your area)'
  4. Check your community center for postings.

Those are the avenues I found to be most successful for finding walking or running groups. I hope that helps! Good luck on your walking journey!

One good way to find a local walking club is through Meet Up. This website is a good way to find others that are looking for people that are interested in the same activity. It tells you the day, time, and who else is coming. They even have an app for the iphone.

Continue Learning about Walking Groups

Walking Groups

Walking Groups

Walking groups can be a fun way to exercise, and they can also help keep you motivated to keep up your fitness. Finding the right walking partner doesn't have to be hard. Family and friends are a great place to start, and there ar...

e many walking groups you can find in your community or online. Learn more about walking groups with expert advice from Sharecare.