How do I find out if there is a local walking club?

A great way to find a local walking club will be to go to your local recreation center or YMCA. Facilities such as these may often have walking clubs. Another great idea, start your own! Grab a handful of co-workers and find times throughout the day to complete 15 or 30 minute walks.

There are a few ways that you can find walking groups or clubs, here are a few:

1. Check with co-workers, neighbors, family & friends.
  2. You can go to websites like: meetup.com to find walking groups/clubs in your area.
  3. You can also do an internet search for 'walking groups/clubs in (your area)'
  4. Check your community center for postings.

Those are the avenues I found to be most successful for finding walking or running groups. I hope that helps! Good luck on your walking journey!

One good way to find a local walking club is through Meet Up. This website is a good way to find others that are looking for people that are interested in the same activity. It tells you the day, time, and who else is coming. They even have an app for the iphone.

Continue Learning about Walking Groups

How do I find out about walking events in my area?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Local walking events are usually listed on your town website. If you do not have access to a compute...
How can I connect with others who are interested in walking?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
The first place to look for someone to walk with will be within your place of work.  All of your co-...
How can walks with friends make exercise more fun?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Turning a walking routine into social time can make exercise more fun and increase the rewards of th...
How do I find out about walking groups for seniors?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Some of the best places to find walking groups may include going to your local senior center. They m...