How do I find out if there is a local walking club?

One good way to find a local walking club is through Meet Up. This website is a good way to find others that are looking for people that are interested in the same activity. It tells you the day, time, and who else is coming. They even have an app for the iphone.

There are a few ways that you can find walking groups or clubs, here are a few:

1. Check with co-workers, neighbors, family & friends.
  2. You can go to websites like: meetup.com to find walking groups/clubs in your area.
  3. You can also do an internet search for 'walking groups/clubs in (your area)'
  4. Check your community center for postings.

Those are the avenues I found to be most successful for finding walking or running groups. I hope that helps! Good luck on your walking journey!

A great way to find a local walking club will be to go to your local recreation center or YMCA. Facilities such as these may often have walking clubs. Another great idea, start your own! Grab a handful of co-workers and find times throughout the day to complete 15 or 30 minute walks.

Continue Learning about Walking Groups

How can I find the right walking partner?
Ask your friends and family if they’d like to start walking with you try and find a friend or family...
How do I find out about walking groups for seniors?
Ann Prokenpek - NASM Elite Trainer, NASM Elite TrainerAnn Prokenpek - NASM Elite Trainer, NASM Elite Trainer
Most communities have senior recreation centers that have a lot of activities including walking club...
How can walks with friends make exercise more fun?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Exercising with someone can be the best way to be successful! Partner training truly has loads of be...
Where can I find someone to walk with for exercise?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Many people find it easier to exercise when they have company. Start by asking people you know who m...