Yes - just like there is a proper way to swing a golf club, tennis racket or run a race. However, I would change the word "PROPER" to BETTER. There is a better or "MORE CORRECT" way to walk. I have devoted most of life to analyzing walking and teach people how to walk correctly. When we walk with poor form and posture, our joints can become abnormally strained. Correct walking - walking with good form and posture, lessens abnormal strain on our muscles and joints, actually alleviating pain and allowing a more complete motion, which leads to a more complete workout while walking. To learn more you can visit my site, www.FloWalking.com
- Q How is a city walk different than a nature walk in the woods?
- Q How do I find pedestrian-friendly routes for walking?
- Q What are some good walking techniques?
- Q How can dog walking be part of my fitness routine?
- Q How much should I walk to stay fit?
- Q What is Nordic walking?