Yes - just like there is a proper way to swing a golf club, tennis racket or run a race. However, I would change the word "PROPER" to BETTER. There is a better or "MORE CORRECT" way to walk. I have devoted most of life to analyzing walking and teach people how to walk correctly. When we walk with poor form and posture, our joints can become abnormally strained. Correct walking - walking with good form and posture, lessens abnormal strain on our muscles and joints, actually alleviating pain and allowing a more complete motion, which leads to a more complete workout while walking. To learn more you can visit my site, www.FloWalking.com
- Q How can I build up to walking 10,000 steps a day?
- Q How can I breath effectively when walking?
- Q How can owning a dog help reduce stress on my heart?
- Q How can I increase my walking workouts?
- Q How can I make walking a habit?
- Q How long should I walk to burn calories?