How do I manage my vaginal infection on a daily basis?

It is important to follow the treatment plan outlined by your doctor to manage your vaginal infection. If you have been prescribed medication, make sure you take it as prescribed and finish the course of treatment, even if your symptoms are gone. You will likely be advised to refrain from sexual intercourse until the treatment is over and the symptoms have subsided. You can use a sitz bath or a cold washcloth to help ease any vaginal pain or itching you may have. It is also important to identify any sources of vaginal irritation, including douching, tight undergarments, or scented hygiene products.

Continue Learning about Vulvovaginitis

Vulvovaginitis

Vulvovaginitis

Vulvovaginitis refers to numerous types of infections that can affect the vulva and vaginal area. Causes of vulvovaginitis include yeast, bacteria, parasites STDs and other viruses. If you have symptoms of vulvovaginitis like odor...

, discharge, itching, rash or pain in the vagina, you should call your doctor. You will want to make sure that you are treated for this condition, as it does not always go away on its own.