Are there different types of catarrh?

There are two different types of catarrh. Acute catarrh is the type that is temporary; it lasts a few days and usually clears up on its own. People can treat the congestion if they feel too much discomfort. Chronic catarrh is longer lasting and has an underlying problem like allergies, non-allergic rhinitis, or nasal polyps. Further treatment is needed to help cure this catarrh and prevent it from recurring.

Continue Learning about Voice Disorders

How does stuttering affect the body?
The relationship between stuttering and the body is not completely known or understood. Stuttering c...
How does singing therapy differ from singing lessons?
Daniel McCabe, DMA, CCC-SLPDaniel McCabe, DMA, CCC-SLP
Singing therapy is a type of voice therapy that targets repair of an injured singing voice. It is pr...
What Increases My Risk for Voice Disorders?
What Can Be the Cause of a Chronically Hoarse Voice?