Are there alternative treatments for voice disorders?

Voice disorders usually resolve without the need for extensive medical intervention or alternative treatments. The best thing you can do to treat (or prevent) a voice disorder is to abstain from behaviors that damage the vocal chords, such as smoking and incorrect use of the voice. Vocal therapy is often very helpful for people with voice disorders because it teaches proper voice techniques that protect the vocal chords from wear and tear. Other alternative treatments include simply resting the voice and drinking fluids.

Continue Learning about Voice Disorders

How do I manage my voice disorder on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Managing your voice disorder on a daily basis will involve treating its symptoms and underlying caus...
How does stuttering affect the body?
The relationship between stuttering and the body is not completely known or understood. Stuttering c...
What Can Be the Cause of a Chronically Hoarse Voice?
What Increases My Risk for Voice Disorders?