What is the difference between vitamin A and vitamin B?

Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin found both in plants and animals. Animal sources are referred to as retinoids, while plant-derived vitamin A precursors are called carotenoids. It is found in eggs, butter, whole milk, fortified margarine, meat and oily salt-water fish and also green and yellow fruits and vegetables.

Vitamin B is a set of water-soluble vitamins. It is found in foods such as yeast, cereal, legumes, peas, nuts, pork, and beef and fish.

Both vitamins can be used under the supervision of a physician to treat a variety of nutritional deficiencies. However, if taken as supplements when they are not needed can be harmful, so it is important to first discuss your need for these vitamins with your physician. 

Continue Learning about Vitamins

What vitamins can I take if I'm using statin drugs?
What vitamins can I take if I'm using statin drugs? You need to be careful what you take with statin...
Should I take my vitamin D with vitamin C?
Should I take my vitamin D with vitamin C? Vitamin C and vitamin D are found together in many multiv...
Can intake of vitamin pills cause swelling and joint pain?
Vitamins usually do not cause swelling and joint pain. Learn more from our experts about vitamins.
8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin
8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin
Skip the pharmacy and shop the produce department instead. About one-third of Americans take a multivitamin. These supplements typically contain a ble...