Should I take vitamin E if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?

If you have multiple sclerosis (MS), consuming 30-40 IU of synthetic vitamin E daily is a good idea if you are taking fish oil supplements. You can get this amount daily in a generic complete multivitamin. Many single-dose supplements greatly exceed this amount (800 to 1000 IU per dose) so be sure to select those that fall within the recommended range. If you really feel you would benefit from taking additional vitamin E, find one that provides 100 to 200 IU daily.

Continue Learning about Vitamin E

How does vitamin E affect aging of the arteries?
Vitamin E reduces the size of fatty buildup only before the arteries have become fibrotic (permanent...
How much vitamin E do I need per day as a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
You need about 400 IU of vitamin E daily to protect cells in the body from damage caused by free...
Do Selenium and Vitamin E Help Prevent Prostate Cancer?
What Are Good Sources of Vitamin E?
What Are Good Sources of Vitamin E?