Should I take vitamin E if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?

If you have multiple sclerosis (MS), consuming 30-40 IU of synthetic vitamin E daily is a good idea if you are taking fish oil supplements. You can get this amount daily in a generic complete multivitamin. Many single-dose supplements greatly exceed this amount (800 to 1000 IU per dose) so be sure to select those that fall within the recommended range. If you really feel you would benefit from taking additional vitamin E, find one that provides 100 to 200 IU daily.

Continue Learning about Vitamin E

Vitamin E and Prostate Cancer
Vitamin E and Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men and the second leading cause of cancer death among men in the United States. So it's understandabl...
Could I be allergic to vitamin E?
Allergies from vitamin E supplements are rare. Even skin allergies from creams and ointments are unc...
How should I take vitamin E?
You should always take vitamin E as it is directed by your doctor or the instructions on the packagi...
Is vitamin E safe for my child?
Vitamin E is safe for your child if he gets it from foods or if your doctor prescribes it. Learn mor...