If I have osteoporosis, do I need more vitamin D in my diet?

In this WisePatient video, Carlos Rios, MD, an internist at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, explains why an osteoporosis diagnosis doesn't always mean you have a vitamin D deficiency.

Continue Learning about Vitamin D

3 Reasons You Need More Vitamin D in Your Diet
Tiger Woods won it in 2000, 2002 and 2008; Rory McIlroy won it in 2011; Jordan Spieth, in 2015. But what did these three have in common at this year’s...
What are the benefits of vitamin D for diabetes and health?
Scientists continue to discover health benefits for vitamin D, and they now believe that it may play...
What diseases could be caused by vitamin D deficiency?
Vitamin D deficiency can lead to several diseases. The one that's best understood is bone diseas...
How Much Vitamin D Should You Take?
How Much Vitamin D Should You Take?