How does where I live affect how much vitamin D I get?

If you live in sunny southern climates, you'll have more vitamin D because your body produces most of its supply of the vitamin when the sun hits your skin. People in northern latitudes, like those living north of Philadelphia or San Francisco, may not be getting enough vitamin D, especially in winter, when they tend to stay indoors, which prevents their bodies from producing enough of the vitamin.

Where you live may be giving you a vitamin D deficiency. In this video, Dr. Oz and Dr. Linda Lee explain how geography plays a role in how much vitamin D you are getting.

Continue Learning about Vitamin D