How much vitamin C do I need if I have a cold?

When you begin to show signs of a cold, increase your vitamin C to as much as 4 grams (4,000 milligrams) a day, taken with plenty of water (eight glasses for 4 grams). Although this won't cure colds, it will lessen the severity of the symptoms. For example, when you have a cold and take your C, you may find that you can keep exercising.

Continue Learning about Vitamin C

Vitamin C Is Not an Exercise Replacement
John F. Kennedy once said, “There are risks and costs to a program of action, but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable...
How should I use vitamin C to help my skin look younger?
Taking vitamin C through a supplement or food is beneficial to your health, but to specifically targ...
How much vitamin C is safe to take?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for vitamin C is 75 milligrams (mg) for women and 90 mg ...
How Can Vitamin C Help Treat Age Spots?
How Can Vitamin C Help Treat Age Spots?