What should I know before taking vitamin A?

Before taking vitamin A, you should inform your healthcare professional of any health issues that you have, and whether you are taking any prescription or over-the-counter medications, herbal or dietary supplements. Also inform your healthcare professional if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are nursing because large doses of the vitamin can cause birth defects and may affect a nursing child.

You should never have a greater intake of vitamin A than what is recommended. Do not take more than one vitamin product at the same time unless your health care professional directs you to do so.

Continue Learning about Vitamin A

Should I take vitamin A if I don't have a deficiency?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
There is little reason to believe that vitamin A deficiency is a problem in adults in the United Sta...
Why is getting vitamin A from food safer than supplements?
dotFITdotFIT
Pre-formed vitamin A can be toxic at high levels (>10,000 IU or 3,000 mcg), thus, unless instructed ...
What are the health benefits of vitamin A?
Howard S. SmithHoward S. Smith
Vitamin A, a fat-soluble vitamin that stores in the body, is a super antioxidant that is important f...
How to Avoid Vitamin and Prescription Drug Interactions