What lifestyle changes should I make if I have vaginal cancer?

You should focus on living a healthy lifestyle while getting treatment for vaginal cancer. Get enough exercise to stay in good physical condition and to improve your stamina. Exercise can also ease anxiety and depression and relieve your fatigue. Try to reduce your level of stress, and consider practicing yoga or meditation as a way to accomplish this. Eating well is equally important, and make sure you get plenty of protein to help you keep strength through your treatments.

Continue Learning about Vaginal Cancer

Vaginal Cancer

Although less common than other types of gynecologic cancers, vaginal cancer can be very deadly once it spreads to other parts of the body.Several types of vaginal cancer exist, with the most common being squamous cell carcinoma, ...

which typically develops in the upper region of the vagina. Less than 3% of gynecologic cancers begin in the vagina, although several other cancer types commonly spread to this area. It is unknown what causes vaginal cancer, but several factors increase your risk to develop the disease. If youre over the age of 60, have the human papillomavirus (HPV) or have had other gynecologic cancers like cervical cancer, youre more likely to develop this disease. See your doctor if you have a bloody and rank smelling vaginal discharge, notice painful urination or pelvic pain, or feel a lump in your vagina.