What should I know before I get the hepatitis A and B combination vaccine?

Before receiving the hepatitis A and B combination vaccine, you should know that it will be given in several doses over a period of several months. Your doctor will tell you when you should come back for your "booster" doses of the hepatitis A and B combination vaccine, and your doctor will also decide how many additional doses are necessary. This vaccine may not be effective if you don't get all the recommended injections, so it's very important not to miss any appointments. The only instance in which you should not get booster injections is if you had a severe allergic reaction to the first injection. It's also important to remember that the hepatitis A and B combination vaccine does not protect against other types of hepatitis (C and E), and it won't protect you if you're already infected with hepatitis A or B.

Continue Learning about Vaccine