Is the shingles vaccine, Zostavax, safe for my grandmother to take?

The Zostavax vaccine has been tested in clinical studies in about 20,000 people who were 60 years of age and older. Based on the results of these studies, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the vaccine as safe. The most common side effects for those people who got the vaccine were redness, soreness, swelling or itching at the spot on their arm where they got the shot. Some people also got a headache after getting the vaccine. 

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?
Dr. Diane Harper - How long do human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines protect against infection?
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?