Should I take Zostavax now if I currently have shingles?

Zostavax does not treat shingles (also known as herpes zoster) once it develops. It also does not treat the pain that can occur after the rash is gone (also known as post-herpetic neuralgia). After your rash has disappeared, talk with your doctor about whether you should get the vaccine to help prevent getting the disease again.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Dr. Diane Harper - How long do human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines protect against infection?
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?