How will I receive the Japanese encephalitis vaccine?

Your doctor or other healthcare provider will administer the Japanese encephalitis vaccine injection to you at the doctor's office or clinic. The number of doses and the timing of the doses depends on the brand used.

The brand JE-VAX may be administered by subcutaneous injection to adults, adolescents and children as young as one year of age in a series of three doses given on days 0, 7 and 30.

The brand Ixiaro may be administered by intramuscular injection in a series of two doses given 28 days apart.

Continue Learning about Vaccine