Should my child get both pneumococcal vaccines?

If your child is at high risk of complications of pneumococcal disease, she should receive PCV13 and then also receive PPSV23 at age two or older. Both are not usually given, but if your child has a condition that compromises her immune system, she may need both. Talk to your child's doctor about her risk factors and medical history to determine whether she needs both vaccines.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Back-to-School Vaccinations All Preteens and Teens Need
Vaccinations are something to shine a light on as your adolescents head back to school. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has the f...
Is the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine really worth the risk?
The measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine is worth the very slight risk of getting it. Without th...
Are vaccines necessary in children?
Vaccination is strongly recommended by doctors and the medical community. While not vaccinating ...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?