Who is eligible for vaccinations through the VFC program?

Children younger than 19 years of age are eligible for Vaccines for Children (VFC) vaccines if they are:

• Medicaid-eligible
  • Uninsured
  • American Indian or Alaska native
  • Underinsured and vaccinated in federally qualified health centers or rural health clinics

A child that meets one or more of the above eligibility requirements is eligible to receive VFC vaccines. VFC vaccines cannot be denied to an eligible child if the family can’t afford to pay the administration fee.

Continue Learning about Vaccines & Immunizations

Do Vaccines Really Work?
Do Vaccines Really Work?
We did several tips last year about how vaccinations prevent illnesses by bolstering your immune system and how the benefit to risk ratio—for ALL vacc...
What can I do if my health insurance doesn't cover vaccinations?
Most health insurance plans cover the cost of vaccinations. However, you should check with your insu...
What is the difference between live and killed vaccines?
Vaccines in the United States are classified as "inactivated" or "live attenuated." An inactivate...
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?