Who sets the childhood immunization schedule in the United States?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) sets the U.S. childhood immunization schedule based on recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), which is a group of medical and public health experts. This schedule also is approved by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). The recommended childhood immunization schedule is designed to protect infants and children early in life, when they are most vulnerable.

Continue Learning about Vaccines & Immunizations

France Just Made 11 Childhood Vaccines Mandatory
Starting in 2018, French children will be legally required to complete 11 vaccines. That includes the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), polio and meni...
What is the difference between live and killed vaccines?
Vaccines in the United States are classified as "inactivated" or "live attenuated." An inactivate...
Should I wait until my children are older to vaccinate them?
Henrico Doctors' Hospital  - HCA VirginiaHenrico Doctors' Hospital - HCA Virginia
Because their immune systems have not fully developed, children under the age of five are especially...
Can I Get Influenza From the Influenza Vaccine?