How can I treat a urinary tract infection (UTI) while at college?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
I would suggest that if you develop the symptoms of a urinary tract infection you go to the student health center. The majority of colleges have them, and since bladder infections are common they are used to treating them. They will know how to evaluate and treat your symptoms.
Daphne Oz
Health Education
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is caused by bacteria and is generally treated with antibiotics, which you will need to get from a doctor. There are some things you can do to guard against it. When sharing a communal toilet, don't sit on the seat or, if you must, clean it with a sanitizer first. To protect yourself against infection, or if you already have a urinary tract infection , you can speed the healing process by drinking plenty of filtered or spring water (at least eight 12-ounce glasses a day to flush out the toxins circulating in your body). Also, drinking 100 percent cranberry juice, not cranberry cocktail (sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup) will help eliminate the damaging bacteria. You can also take cranberry capsules from Nature's Herbs as directed on the product label.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...