How do I care for someone with a urinary tract infection?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Caring for someone with a urinary tract infection does not require any special training or equipment. Urinary tract infections, in most cases, do not require hospitalization or invasive therapeutic techniques. Thus, caring for someone with a urinary tract infection amounts to social and psychological support and possibly assistance with managing medication and treatment appointments.

Continue Learning about Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)

The Risk of UTIs Increases in Older Women—Here’s Why
When you think of urinary tract infections (UTIs), you may think of them happening in people in their teens, 20s and 30s. But UTIs in older women are ...
Can I catch a UTI from my partner during sex?
These are the risk factors associated with urinary tract infections (UTIs): history of repeat UTIs, ...
What are the symptoms of a urinary tract infection (UTI)?
The symptoms that a urinary tract infection causes depend, to some degree, on the specific location ...
What Are Treatment Options for Urinary Incontinence?