Is a peptic ulcer a common version of ulcers?

Peptic ulcers are very common types of ulcers. In fact, these ulcers in the digestive tract are usually what people think of when they hear the word "ulcer." About one in ten Americans will have a peptic ulcer in their lifetime.

Continue Learning about Ulcers

Could I Have an Ulcer and Not Know It?
Could I Have an Ulcer and Not Know It?
Around 25 million people will have a stomach ulcer in their lifetime, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Despite their preva...
What is a refractory ulcer?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The word "refractory" simply means a disease that resists treatment or cure. Refractory ulcers, then...
Are refractory ulcers serious?
Although they can be painful, ulcers that fail to heal are not, in themselves, serious. However, ref...
What is an Ulcer?
What is an Ulcer?