Is a peptic ulcer a common version of ulcers?

Peptic ulcers are very common types of ulcers. In fact, these ulcers in the digestive tract are usually what people think of when they hear the word "ulcer." About one in ten Americans will have a peptic ulcer in their lifetime.

Continue Learning about Ulcers

Could I Have an Ulcer and Not Know It?
Could I Have an Ulcer and Not Know It?
Around 25 million people will have a stomach ulcer in their lifetime, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Despite their preva...
How common are ulcers?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Generally, ulcers are relatively common conditions. One in ten Americans will develop a peptic ulcer...
Are Meckel's diverticulum ulcers serious?
By itself, a Meckel's diverticulum is not serious and only results in complications for 4.2 percent ...
How Do People Get Ulcers and What Cures Them?