Are ulcers serious?

The relative seriousness of ulcers depends upon the kind of ulcer it is and its level of severity. For instance, some ulcers, like canker sores, are usually very minor inconveniences that often do not require any medical attention. Other ulcers, like peptic ulcers or pressure sores (decubitus ulcers), can be serious if they are not treated with complications like internal bleeding, infection, and organ damage.

Continue Learning about Ulcers

Could I Have an Ulcer and Not Know It?
Could I Have an Ulcer and Not Know It?
Around 25 million people will have a stomach ulcer in their lifetime, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Despite their preva...
What is a duodenal ulcer?
A duodenal ulcer is a kind of peptic ulcer in which a sore is formed in the duodenum, or the first p...
Are duodenal ulcers serious?
In most causes, duodenal ulcers are not serious. They usually respond well to treatment and do n...
What Causes Stomach Ulcers?
What Causes Stomach Ulcers?