How do I perform a floor bridge?

The floor bridge is a simple, yet very effective exercise for working the glutes and hamstrings. Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, slightly apart. Arms are by your sides in a position that is comfortable for you. Slowly push through your heels, lifting your hips off the floor until your body forms a straight line from knees to shoulders. Hold this position, then slowly lower your hips back to the floor. Perform 2-3 sets of 20-25 repetitions.

Tip: Be careful not to lift your hips too high, or allow your lower back to arch during this exercise.

For an added challenge try performing this exercise on a single leg.
Lie on your back with your knees bent and place your feet flat on the ground, shoulder-width apart. Draw-in your navel and contract your glutes. Slowly push through your heels and lift your pelvis off the floor until your knees, hips and shoulders are in-line. Hold the top position for a few seconds and then slowly lower your pelvis back down to the floor.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Cross-Training for Runners and Walkers
It’s no secret—runners love to run. Got an extra 15 minutes? To a runner, that’s enough time to lace up and grab a mile or more. And while running or ...
I can not hold a plank for a long time, what should I do?
You can increase the length of time you hold a plank by first modifying (regressing) the exercises a...
Do-Anywhere Workout Plan
Do-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout Plan
This 14-move, excuse-proof workout is perfect for you. The best gym in the world? You're living in it. By using your own body weight to complete a str...
Transform YOU: Jumping Jacks
Transform YOU: Jumping Jacks