Can yo-yo exercise harm me?

Intense bouts of exercise for brief periods of time followed by periods of no activity put stress on the body similar to those of people who yo-yo diet. If you work out very intensely for very short periods of time your body will not have adapted well to that program, and studies show that people often tend to over eat and gain more weight after doing yo-yo exercise routines. A better strategy is starting with low to moderate intensity exercise and perform that a few days a week, and gradually increase both intensity and time as the exercise routine becomes more manageable. 

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Health Experts Urge Americans to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s the clear-cut message from government health officials who updated their long-standing physical activ...
How do I perform a ball seated shoulder press with 2 arms?
Hold two dumbbells in your hands, let them hang down at your sides and keep your palms facing in tow...
How do I perform the Davies test?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
The Davies test is used to assess upper body agility and stabilization. On the floor, place two piec...
What Are Simple Balancing Exercises That I Can Practice From Day to Day?