Can yo-yo exercise harm me?

Intense bouts of exercise for brief periods of time followed by periods of no activity put stress on the body similar to those of people who yo-yo diet. If you work out very intensely for very short periods of time your body will not have adapted well to that program, and studies show that people often tend to over eat and gain more weight after doing yo-yo exercise routines. A better strategy is starting with low to moderate intensity exercise and perform that a few days a week, and gradually increase both intensity and time as the exercise routine becomes more manageable. 

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

How do I perform a single leg shoulder press with both arms?
Stand on one leg with your foot pointed straight ahead and knee slightly bent.  Hold dumbbells, one ...
How do I perform a single leg shoulder V raise with one arm?
Stand on one leg with your foot pointed straight ahead and knees slightly bent.  Draw-in your navel ...
How do I perform a ball chest press with alternate arms?
Lie on top of a stability ball, with the ball positioned between your shoulder blades.  Maintain a b...
How do I perform a side shuffle?
Extend one leg to the side of your body and shuffle the other leg toward it. Keep your chest up an...