Can yo-yo exercise harm me?

Intense bouts of exercise for brief periods of time followed by periods of no activity put stress on the body similar to those of people who yo-yo diet. If you work out very intensely for very short periods of time your body will not have adapted well to that program, and studies show that people often tend to over eat and gain more weight after doing yo-yo exercise routines. A better strategy is starting with low to moderate intensity exercise and perform that a few days a week, and gradually increase both intensity and time as the exercise routine becomes more manageable. 

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a box jump-up with stabilization to the side?
Stand in beside a box with your feet pointed straight ahead. Lift your chest and tuck in your chin. ...
How do I perform a standing biceps curl?
Before you start, warm up your muscles with 5 to 10 minutes of brisk walking, slow jogging or gentle...
What Is the Integrative Side of Treating Parkinson's Disease?