Will weighted crunches help to develop my upper abs?

Weighted crunches will not only help to develop your upper abs, but all of the muscles in the ab region.  While emphasis may be placed on one area or another through the use of different exercises, it is virtually impossible to isolate only certain sections of the abdominal muscles.  Therefore, performing weighted crunches will create an overload stimulus not only to the upper portion of the abs, but the lower and side portions as well, potentially enhancing their development too. 

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Health Experts Urge Americans to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s the clear-cut message from government health officials who updated their long-standing physical activ...
How do I perform a turning lunge, balance to overhead press with one arm?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Hold a dumbbell in ...
How should I do cable back kicks?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
To do cable back kicks, begin by attaching a cuff to a low cable pulley and to your right ankle. Fac...
Why Is Stretching Important?
Why Is Stretching Important?