If you exercise three times a week for about 45 minutes each, you can reap the same emotional benefits as someone taking an antidepressant, researchers say. Walking, gardening, doing housework, and bicycling each release a lot of endorphins, or calming, mood-boosting hormones. So does laughter, looking at art and thinking positive thoughts.
- Q Can I still workout if I am sore?
- Q How are muscles supplied with oxygen during exercise?
- Q Will exercise help reduce my stress?
- Q What can cause periods of exhaustion during physical exertion?
- Q When I do leg raise abdominal exercises I feel burning in my hips, why?
- Q Is whole body vibration (WBV) training safe?