If you exercise three times a week for about 45 minutes each, you can reap the same emotional benefits as someone taking an antidepressant, researchers say. Walking, gardening, doing housework, and bicycling each release a lot of endorphins, or calming, mood-boosting hormones. So does laughter, looking at art and thinking positive thoughts.
- Q How does exercise affect serotonin levels?
- Q Can exercise alter the effects of prescription medication?
- Q How fast will I see results from my exercise plan?
- Q Why do I feel exhausted and sick during exercise?
- Q How does a stair machine help me to burn calories?
- Q What happens during heat stroke from exercise?