If you exercise three times a week for about 45 minutes each, you can reap the same emotional benefits as someone taking an antidepressant, researchers say. Walking, gardening, doing housework, and bicycling each release a lot of endorphins, or calming, mood-boosting hormones. So does laughter, looking at art and thinking positive thoughts.
- Q What is ATP with regard to exercise?
- Q How do I make sure I don’t overdevelop one part of my body when exercising?
- Q How can physical activity improve my health?
- Q Will the type of physical activity I choose, affect my fitness results?
- Q How is physical activity and breast cancer risk related?
- Q How does Aerobic Respiration work during exercise?