What does intensity mean in exercise?

Intensity is how much resistance or weight (in pounds or kilograms) you are using for an exercise. For example, when you are performing the chest press, your recommended load might be ten-pound dumbbells.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a bent over barbell row?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and draw in your navel.  Bend at your waist until your c...
How do I perform a wall chest stretch?
Stand in a doorway with your forearm placed in a vertical position on the doorframe.  Your elbow and...
What Balancing Exercises Can I Do While Seated?