Should I do rigorous exercise daily to stay fit?

Rigorous exercise is good, but not on a daily basis. It’s important that you take adequate time to rest and recover from your exercise sessions. This avoids burnout and injury from lack of recovery. Symptoms of burnout include lack of appetite, moodiness, general restlessness, and the inability to recover during exercise. Perform rigorous exercise 2-3 times per week with a recovery day in between.

Dr. Ornish answers this question wonderfully sighting studies showing that low intensity exercise is highly beneficial. Most people are not interested in performing high intensity workouts on a daily basis.

The recommendation on training is to alternate high intensity training days with lower intensity training. Also, It is important to alter training ever 4 weeks with various intensities of both cardio and weight training. By changing your program your body has to continuously adapt lowering your risk of a plateau. 

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Health Experts Urge Americans to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s the clear-cut message from government health officials who updated their long-standing physical activ...
How do I do a Turning Lunge, Curl to Overhead Press with Alternate Arms?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Hold a pair of dumb...
How do I perform repeat horizontal jumps?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Lift your chest and tu...
How Do I Perform a 1-Hand Medicine Ball Push-Up?