Question

Traditional Medicine

What is triphala?

• A Kulreet Chaudhary, MD, Neurology, answered
    Triphala is an ancient ayurvedic herb that is composed of three dried Indian superfruits that work synergistically together: amalaki, haritaki and bibhitaki.
    • Amalaki works as a natural antioxidant and removes excess inflammation from the body. It also helps to increase lean body mass and maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
    • Haritaki supports the body’s natural cleansing process by gently removing toxins that accumulate in the colon.
    • Bibhitaki is particularly effective in reducing the accumulation of fat and fluids in the body.
    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
How can I assess my body’s toxin level?