On what principles are traditional healing methods based?

Traditional healing methods are diverse, yet most are rooted in the following principles:

• Health is not merely the absence of disease but a state of well-being in which the body, mind, and spirit are balanced.
  • Disease and treatment affect the whole body, not just one part.
  • Human energy flow (variously called chi or qi, prana, life force, or vital energy) can be affected by disease or treatment.
  • Each person has a great capacity for self-healing.
Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth

ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO MAKE WISE DECISIONS ABOUT YOUR PREGNANCY AND THE BIRTH OF YOUR CHILD -- FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH" Pregnancy and birth are as ordinary...

Continue Learning about Traditional Medicine

How Do You Bridge the Divide Between Traditional and Modern Medicine?
Can I Use Chinese Herbs and Conventional Medicines Together?
Why Has it Taken So long to Figure Out that We Should Prevent Disease Rather than Treat It?
Have We Become Too Reliant on Technology In Medicine?