On what principles are traditional healing methods based?

Traditional healing methods are diverse, yet most are rooted in the following principles:

• Health is not merely the absence of disease but a state of well-being in which the body, mind, and spirit are balanced.
  • Disease and treatment affect the whole body, not just one part.
  • Human energy flow (variously called chi or qi, prana, life force, or vital energy) can be affected by disease or treatment.
  • Each person has a great capacity for self-healing.
Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth

ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO MAKE WISE DECISIONS ABOUT YOUR PREGNANCY AND THE BIRTH OF YOUR CHILD -- FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH" Pregnancy and birth are as ordinary...

Continue Learning about Traditional Medicine

In Ayurveda, what is ojas?
John Douillard, DCJohn Douillard, DC
In Ayurveda, ojas is a substance produced after 30 days of the digestive cycle that helps support go...
If I have a Vata body type, which foods are best for me to eat?
John Douillard, DCJohn Douillard, DC
Vata body types tend to be cold and dry, like winter; the antidote to that season is warm, high prot...
How Should I Eat to Keep My Chakras Balanced?
What Is the Difference Between Conventional and Functional Medicine?