What is the main symptom of ageusia?

Ageusia is the loss of the sense of taste. Therefore, the main symptom of ageusia is not being able to taste the flavor in foods. People with ageusia usually have a dry mouth, which contributes to their inability to taste. In addition, some people with ageusia also have an impaired sense of smell since the senses of taste and smell are closely related in the brain.

Continue Learning about Tooth & Mouth Disorders

What can happen to my teeth if I have receding gums?
Duc Tang, DDSDuc Tang, DDS
Receding gums can cause sensitivity in your teeth and the exposed root surfaces are more prone to ca...
How is gum graft surgery performed?
Gum graft surgery is performed by removing tissue from another part of the mouth and sewing it in pl...
How common is aggressive periodontitis?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Aggressive periodontitis is less common than the earlier stages of gum disease. That's because regul...
Can Gum Disease Affect Your Overall Health?