What should I ask my doctor in order to understand my medical condition?

“Doctor, what’s wrong with me?” You need to hear your physician describe, in plain English, the basics of you medical condition. If it helps you understand better, ask for pictures and diagrams along with a verbal explanation.

Some examples of information you will want to know are:
  • What part of my body is diseased or injured?
  • What does it do when it’s operating normally?
  • What’s it doing in my case?
  • How does this affect me?

Continue Learning about Talking To Your Doctor

Is Your Hospital Treating You Right?
Is Your Hospital Treating You Right?
Hospitals across America are trying something new: Giving patients—and their loved ones—the red carpet treatment you’d expect from a fancy restaurant ...
How do I make my child comfortable with going to the doctor?
We realize that this may be nearly impossible, but try not to make your child's first doctor appoint...
Why is it hard for people to connect with their doctors?
Many people are embarrassed to ask their doctors what they really want to know. In this video, Dr. O...
What Are the Top Questions I Should Ask My Doctor?