What should I ask my doctor in order to understand my medical condition?

“Doctor, what’s wrong with me?” You need to hear your physician describe, in plain English, the basics of you medical condition. If it helps you understand better, ask for pictures and diagrams along with a verbal explanation.

Some examples of information you will want to know are:
  • What part of my body is diseased or injured?
  • What does it do when it’s operating normally?
  • What’s it doing in my case?
  • How does this affect me?

Continue Learning about Talking To Your Doctor

What to Tell Your Doctor When You're Sick
Here's a professional secret we want to share with you: We doctors depend on you as much as you depend on us to provide the best possible care. There'...
What is a shared medical appointment (SMA)?
A shared medical appointment, or SMA, is essentially a group appointment during which many patients ...
6 Questions to Always Ask Your Doctor
6 Questions to Always Ask Your Doctor6 Questions to Always Ask Your Doctor6 Questions to Always Ask Your Doctor6 Questions to Always Ask Your Doctor
Get the answers you need to take control of your health. Your healthcare provider is a wealth of knowledge, brimming with information to share with yo...
Why Should I Share My Medical History With My Doctors?