Should I verify with my doctor that I am getting the right medical test?

Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Preventive Medicine
Verify you are getting the tests you need, and only the tests you need. Challenging such decisions is not an insult to your doctor. Simply, it is an affirmation of the fact that you, literally, have skin in the game: it’s your body, your health on the line. Take nothing for granted.

Continue Learning about Talking To Your Doctor

Questions to Ask Your Doctor Before You Take an Opioid
When Alice (in Wonderland) spied a little glass box, “she opened it and found in it a very small cake, on which the words EAT ME were beautifully mark...
What's the key to a good doctor-patient relationship?
Dr. David B. Agus, MDDr. David B. Agus, MD
Doctors are overworked these days, but many still manage to deliver good care. In this video, Dr. Da...
What information do I need to share during the patient history?
American Chiropractic AssociationAmerican Chiropractic Association
Prior to your initial consultation with the doctor, you will be asked to fill out forms that provide...
Why Won't My Doctor Listen to Me?
Why Won't My Doctor Listen to Me?