Should I talk to my doctor about tinnitus symptoms?

Although it can be frustrating, tinnitus is not a serious disorder. In fact, it is quire common to experience it short-term if you have recently been exposed to a loud noise. Without prolonged exposure, and if the noise is not incredibly loud, your short-term tinnitus will likely resolve itself. But if you've had tinnitus for quite some time or it is becoming unbearable, you should talk to your doctor. Also, if you have tinnitus that occurs with an infection of the upper respiratory symptom or that happens quickly with a rush of dizziness, you should call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Tinnitus

What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
Tinnitus is a continuous or pulsating sound only you can hear; it’s often described as ringing, hissing, static, screeching, whooshing, roaring, or bu...
How do other illnesses affect tinnitus?
Other illnesses, or disorders of the inner ear, are among the leading causes of tinnitus. While peop...
Why do I hear a heartbeat in my ears?
If you hear a pulse-like noise in your ears, it may be pulsatile tinnitus. This is a rare condition ...
How to Diagnose Tinnitus
How to Diagnose Tinnitus