How do I manage my tinnitus on a daily basis?

Individuals have different reactions to tinnitus, as it is as much a disease of the mind as it is a problem with the body. If you have the disorder, you must try to manage your frustration at hearing noise constantly. Do this by surrounding yourself with white noise and background noise that can help you concentrate on something other than the noise you hear in your ears. Another management technique is to learn to deal with the stress you feel about hearing the noise. Take stress management courses or find a good outlet for your stress. If you are being treated for the disorder, continue with your treatment to prevent symptoms.

Continue Learning about Tinnitus

What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
Tinnitus is a continuous or pulsating sound only you can hear; it’s often described as ringing, hissing, static, screeching, whooshing, roaring, or bu...
Is tinnitus an ear disorder?
Tinnitus is an ear disorder. It involves a ringing, buzzing, or other noise inside the ear that is n...
What causes subjective tinnitus?
Subjective tinnitus—hearing noise in your ears that isn't really there—is believed to be caused when...
How to Diagnose Tinnitus
How to Diagnose Tinnitus