What do I need to know about caring for someone with tinnitus?

If you are caring for someone with tinnitus, you need to understand how the disorder might be affecting that person. People with tinnitus can become easily frustrated because of the constant ringing, buzzing, or other noises they hear in their ears. Help that person find a method of dealing with this noise that works for them. If the person you are caring for is suffering from extreme stress due to the disorder, point that person in the direction of some of the many resources that exist for sufferers of tinnitus. For instance, a support group or therapist can help sufferers of this disorder learn to cope.

Continue Learning about Tinnitus

What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
Tinnitus is a continuous or pulsating sound only you can hear; it’s often described as ringing, hissing, static, screeching, whooshing, roaring, or bu...
How common is tinnitus?
Tinnitus is a very common disease, affecting about one person in every group of five. In addition, t...
Should I worry about tinnitus?
You need not worry about tinnitus. In fact, sometimes, worry (or stress) is what causes the disease....
How to Diagnose Tinnitus
How to Diagnose Tinnitus