Yes, there are several generic versions of Synthroid available in the Untied States. Many of the generic versions currently available are now essentially equivalent to Synthroid. However, even small differences in the amount of levothyroxine can be important when it enters the body, so it is best to try to stay with the same brand of this medication, whether it is Synthroid or one of the generics. If you must change brands, you should have your blood tested to determine if you are receiving the correct dose.
- Q Can I take Armour Thyroid or Idoral instead of Synthroid?
- Q What should I know about Synthroid before taking it?
- Q Is weight gain a side effect of Synthroid?
- Q Can I experience side effects like palpitation by consuming Syndroid?
- Q Is brain fog a side effect of Synthroid or cytomel?
- Q How soon after taking Synthroid will my symptoms improve?