Yes, there are several generic versions of Synthroid available in the Untied States. Many of the generic versions currently available are now essentially equivalent to Synthroid. However, even small differences in the amount of levothyroxine can be important when it enters the body, so it is best to try to stay with the same brand of this medication, whether it is Synthroid or one of the generics. If you must change brands, you should have your blood tested to determine if you are receiving the correct dose.
- Q Is there any drug interaction between Synthroid and Tylenol?
- Q Is it safe to stop or change synthroid without approval from a doctor?
- Q How should I take Synthroid?
- Q What are the possible risks of Synthroid (levothyroxine)?
- Q Can I take multivitamins and milk with Synthroid?
- Q Should I use Synthroid to help me lose weight?