Yes, there are several generic versions of Synthroid available in the Untied States. Many of the generic versions currently available are now essentially equivalent to Synthroid. However, even small differences in the amount of levothyroxine can be important when it enters the body, so it is best to try to stay with the same brand of this medication, whether it is Synthroid or one of the generics. If you must change brands, you should have your blood tested to determine if you are receiving the correct dose.
- Q Can I experience side effects like palpitation by consuming Syndroid?
- Q How should I take Synthroid?
- Q Can I take Armour Thyroid or Idoral instead of Synthroid?
- Q Does Synthroid need many dose adjustments?
- Q How does Synthroid interact with other medications or foods?
- Q Does synthroid cause heart palpitations?