Yes, there are several generic versions of Synthroid available in the Untied States. Many of the generic versions currently available are now essentially equivalent to Synthroid. However, even small differences in the amount of levothyroxine can be important when it enters the body, so it is best to try to stay with the same brand of this medication, whether it is Synthroid or one of the generics. If you must change brands, you should have your blood tested to determine if you are receiving the correct dose.
- Q Does Synthroid need many dose adjustments?
- Q Why am I not losing weight while taking Synthroid?
- Q Is brain fog a side effect of Synthroid or cytomel?
- Q Can I use Synthroid (levothyroxine) for weight loss?
- Q How fast does Synthroid (levothyroxine) work?
- Q What are the possible side effects of stopping Synthroid?