Is there a generic version of Synthroid?

Yes, there are several generic versions of Synthroid available in the Untied States. Many of the generic versions currently available are now essentially equivalent to Synthroid. However, even small differences in the amount of levothyroxine can be important when it enters the body, so it is best to try to stay with the same brand of this medication, whether it is Synthroid or one of the generics. If you must change brands, you should have your blood tested to determine if you are receiving the correct dose.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Supplement

Are palpitations a side effect of thyroid supplement?
Omudhome Ogbru, PharmDOmudhome Ogbru, PharmD
Thyroid hormone affects the function of the heart and other organs. Too much thyroid hormone may inc...
Can I Safely Take an Acid Reducer and My Thyroid Medication Together?