While various foods and medications affect the absorption of levothyroxine, alcohol has no significant interaction with this medication. Consuming alcohol on a regular basis could lead to liver disease and is not recommended. Because levothyroxine is broken down by the liver, it is possible that alcohol-induced liver dysfunction could change the metabolism of levothyroxine.
- Q Can I take calcium along with levothyroxine?
- Q How should I take levothyroxine?
- Q What is levothyroxine?
- Q How soon after taking levothyroxine will my symptoms improve?
- Q Is memory loss a side effect of levothyroxine?
- Q Are there any risks in taking levothyroxine?