While various foods and medications affect the absorption of levothyroxine, alcohol has no significant interaction with this medication. Consuming alcohol on a regular basis could lead to liver disease and is not recommended. Because levothyroxine is broken down by the liver, it is possible that alcohol-induced liver dysfunction could change the metabolism of levothyroxine.
- Q Can I take magnesium and levothyroxine together?
- Q Is levothyroxine safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?
- Q How should I take levothyroxine?
- Q Are Synthriod and levothyroxine the same thing?
- Q How does levothyroxine treat hypothyroidism (low thyroid level)?
- Q Can I experience extra dry hair and dry skin by taking levothyroxine?