While various foods and medications affect the absorption of levothyroxine, alcohol has no significant interaction with this medication. Consuming alcohol on a regular basis could lead to liver disease and is not recommended. Because levothyroxine is broken down by the liver, it is possible that alcohol-induced liver dysfunction could change the metabolism of levothyroxine.
- Q Can I take calcium along with levothyroxine?
- Q Is there a generic version of levothyroxine?
- Q How should I take levothyroxine?
- Q What are the adverse reactions of levothyroxine?
- Q How can I care for my chapped lips while taking levothyroxine?
- Q How long does levothyroxine take to relieve hypothyroidism symptoms?