While various foods and medications affect the absorption of levothyroxine, alcohol has no significant interaction with this medication. Consuming alcohol on a regular basis could lead to liver disease and is not recommended. Because levothyroxine is broken down by the liver, it is possible that alcohol-induced liver dysfunction could change the metabolism of levothyroxine.
- Q Can levothyroxine and metformin taken together cause drowsiness?
- Q Could levothyroxine cause severe rashes?
- Q What is levothyroxin sodium?
- Q Who should take levothyroxine?
- Q Is there any drug interaction between levothyroxine and Fortamet?
- Q Can I increase/decrease or discontinue Levothyroxine to avoid fatigue?