It is unlikely for synthroid to interact with cholesterol lowering medications or cause an increase in your cholesterol level. If high cholesterol is hereditary, it is more of a challenge to lower it. Sometimes a combination medication containing a cholesterol lowering agent with a drug that prevents cholesterol absorption will be of benefit. Diet and exercise play a role, even if it is low impact like walking. Before starting any exercise program, you should check with your doctor to make sure it is ok.
- Q Does synthroid cause heart palpitations?
- Q Is there a generic version of Synthroid?
- Q How can a drug interaction between Synthroid and Amitriptyline be managed?
- Q What can happen if I stop taking Synthroid for a while?
- Q What are the possible side effects of stopping Synthroid?
- Q What should I avoid while taking Synthroid?