It is unlikely for synthroid to interact with cholesterol lowering medications or cause an increase in your cholesterol level. If high cholesterol is hereditary, it is more of a challenge to lower it. Sometimes a combination medication containing a cholesterol lowering agent with a drug that prevents cholesterol absorption will be of benefit. Diet and exercise play a role, even if it is low impact like walking. Before starting any exercise program, you should check with your doctor to make sure it is ok.
- Q Is there any drug interaction between Synthroid and Premarin?
- Q Does long term intake of synthroid decrease bone mineral density?
- Q Should I use Synthroid to help me lose weight?
- Q Does Synthroid affect bone mineral density?
- Q Does Synthroid need many dose adjustments?
- Q Can antidepressants be taken with synthroid?